Friday, March 02, 2007

Creatures of the Night

The horror she's been through is unbelievable. If she
doesn't quit now...
Well, let's just say that I refuse to let her
out of my sight for a long time to come.


It would appear that bats and vampires were not the only creatures of the night. My turbulent thoughts of late had turned me into an insomniac. Little had I known that on one of these nights, my insomnia proved to be a blessing rather than a curse, especially for "her".
It was one of those surreal nights- I was thinking too much, and the more I thought, the more I came back to that one word.

2 o'clock in the morning is not a time one would expect one's front door to be making a significant amount of noise. Yet that's what was happening- the front door was being pounded on... non-stop.

There were only two of us in the house, and neither of us asleep. We first tiptoed towards each other's rooms, then boldly (and I use the term loosely) made our way downstairs to see who had paid us a visit at such ungodly hours. Our imaginations played havoc with thoughts of ghouls, vampires, homocidal maniacs... or worse, a drunk lunatic.

7 comments:

Emu said...

ok, i KNOW for a fact that the she-who-must-not-be-named isn't me this time. SO FOR THE LOVE OF MY SANITY TELL ME WHO IT IS!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately for you, I've never held your sanity as the object of my particular affections...
I once read somewhere something about gaining the upper hand of the lower hand... or something of that nature (hint, hint).

Thus speaketh Flynn the third.

Emu said...

right then. let's talk a little more straight - for the love of whatever you love, will you tell me who it is?

though i don't think that even my straight is going to get me any answer in this case.

or may be u'd answer if i asked in nihon-jin.

flynn.t said...

In all seriousness, that question really IS the question of all questions...
You should know that waiting for an answer from me is like sifting through all the books in Washington State Library to find "The Manuscript of Buddha".

Emu said...

i feel compelled to torment u likewise brother

Emu said...

correction in my pre-previous comment:

nohun-go, not nihun-jin

Jibonjatri said...

so glad to see you guys blogging again!