Saturday, January 10, 2009

More than a decade ago...

Half a yr since my last entry &; you all womder just what has kept me busy (or you don't), but either wat... I now find myself back to BD- a place I hvnt been to in more than a decade.

And so it follows (from a friend's suggestion) that I'm blogging about my "new" experience.

So here it is Emu... specifically for your enjoyment (or boredom)


Day 0: Plane journey was the worst (though I hv no prior experience to compare with). Examples of horridness: Stopover in Brisbane at midnight for an hr or more... 5/6 hr transit in Bangkok airport... aggravating BD passangers sitting behind us from bangkok to Dhaka... and a sleepless 24hrs (but at least they didnt starve us). When we finally landed in BD airport, I was shocked to be able to see above people heads!! I feel so tall here... towering over others is a new/novel experience for sumone who's as short as I am...
*Disclaimer: use of the word "towering" may be a slight exaggeration*

Day 1: went to aunty's place... heard the loudest bang!! Louder than fireworks on new yrs eve at the harbour bridge... thought we were all going to die (or at least that buldings were going to crumble!!) but no. It was apparently "only" an electric wire or transformer blowing up, thus ensuring a few thousand people went without electricity for a night (or 2).


Day 2: Bounced around from my mum's family's place to my dad's relatives place... (re-)met many ppl whom I had totally forgotten!!... can't be bothered writing the rest...


Day 3: hv caught cold/ fever from I dont know where (at the moment, am blaming  cousin who everyone insists that I resemble a lot - though we beg to differ)...


will write more when throat/joints stop aching...


thats it for now Emu...


No comments: