Saturday, August 06, 2005

Bee's Bleeding Foot...

The weekend barely began and already my eyelids are drooping (someone check if my speech is slurred), there's a strange throbbing in my head, and I could swear that someone attached lead weights to my legs.

If you haven't guessed by now, you should note that this is going to be one heck of a long blog- if time and family permit- so hold on to yer boots, you've been warned! [NB: this post had been 1000+ words, so I had to split it up into 2 posts.Therefore, the "Case of the Missing Mum" has been put up as my Sunday post.]

Back to Friday: There I was sitting comfortably with a friend, relaxing until we headed off to our Psych lecture. Along came Miss Bee (another friend), and plonked her foot in front of us, eliciting a screech from Roofs (friend no.1), and a gasp of shock from Flynn. It was truly horrible- I've never seen a cut so wide and deep, and blood oozing out in all its red glory (eeewww)! While a couple of others around us paled, Roofs and Aally (friend no.3) volunteered to fetch Dettol for our injured Miss Bee. Now, Flynn is always prepared (since she herself is such a clumsy dorkwad... no hand-eye-foot coordination whatsoever!), and well, had a couple of bandaids on her (5, to be exact). Miss Bee needed all 5, and two more from Aally. Anyway, we patched up her foot, sent her off to her tute, made our way to Psych lecture and waited for the hour to fly by so that we could go back to Nandos with the other SUMSA girls. When we did finally show for Nandos, we were shockered once again... there were less than 20 girls there (as opposeed to well over 50 guys)! And they'd catered for well over 100 in total... so lots of leftovers. Anyway, we were a cosy (more pleasant word for small) group- Cosmos & her friend, Tan, Roofs, Dreema, then there was Girl-whos-name-I've-forgotten, a few others coming and going, and myself.

Meanwhile, me Mum'd been jabbing at her (and Dad's) phone to get in touch with me, to no avail. Not that it was my fault, my mobile was on silent! I finally saw the thousand odd "missed calls" on my phone, SMS-ed my Dad to call me at 2PM, so naturally he starts to call at 1PM. The emergency crisis-type situation turned out to be that my little sister had no keys, and thus no access to our house, so I was told to rush home- lecture or no lecture- and get home before her!

After I got home... (see next blog for continuation of looooong story).

1 comment:

Emu said...

Word count: 1, 233.
# Pages: 2 (in Times 12)

yup, it's an essay, alright. out to break a record in blog essay, flynn?

and oh! what distortion of names! Bee! Roofs!! Fuzzy!!! Squishy!!!!