Sunday, October 30, 2005

Eid Mubarak (in Advanced)!!

To Ishi: How does it feel to be 19? And don't say no different to being 18... that's no answer. And btw, you must think I'm completely insensitive, but seriously, I just can't relate to your situation, and unfortunately, I'm not good at beng very optimistic & looking at the brighter side of life... so there... that be Flynn's (lame) excuse.


Moving on... had a great (iftar) night with a few friends from Uni (Leila, Raf, Farah, Sureya, Nury)... food was goooood... Leila's Mum can COOK! Folks & family were away on another iftar party, so I figured that Leila could drop me home (read: sho off her new car). She got a bit lazy, as we all did, and we decided to just sit around and talk until about 9PM, but all of a sudden, I got this ominous feeling as my mobile started to vibrate. It was a call from "HOME"...I haven't done anything... have I?? was the first thought going through my head. Nemo or Ash (or both) were on the other end scaring me half to death: "Dad wants you to come home... NOW!!!"

But, but... I could have sworn I SMS-ed them to let them know of my plans.... I'm NOT doing anything illegal!
*sigh*- I will never understand my overprotective Dad... he can't seem to breathe without knowing my exact whereabouts (he'd probably love to attach one of those GPS tracker-thingo's to me... if he could)

Anyway, so Leila was freaked... and blaming herself for getting me into deep waters (seriously, she could hear my sister yelling on the phone... how embarassing! It was just like the time Nemo called up when I was at Ishi's place... remember that, Ishi??) Where was I? Oh yes... Leila.

We all went into her car (except Nuri) since they wanted to drive around for a while, after dropping me off:( ... on the way to my house, we all missed a stop sign... didn't even notice it was there, until we came about 20 meters close to it. I think it was Farah who screamed bloody murder first, followed by Leila & Raf & Sureya & even myself, whilst Leila came to a screeching, rubber-burning halt. She made it... stopping just before the white line, and just as a some woggy sports car flew past us at 100 kmh... had we not stopped, we would have been goners (pancake goners) that night.
We all sat there, Leila about to choke on nothing but thin air, and the rest of us chanting "Oh my god" in shaky voices... lemme recall some of the convo that followed:

Sureya: That was TOO close.
nervous giggles...
Farrah: Oh my god! Oh my GOD! Leila you were gonna KILL us!
S: Farah... shutup! You're scaring her.
Leila: Oh my Freaking God! *almost hyperventilating* Did you guys just see that? Oh my god, I nearly killed you guys! Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I nearly killed you guys!!

notice a lot of repitition... and basically, we were all almost talking at once
& breathing so hard we could brealy speak

Raf: Hey, don't worry, it's cool... this is like an adventure.
L: An adventure? Are you freaking kidding me?? Raafia, what IS wrong with you?! For God's sake, I can't feel my legs!!
Me: Umm... Leila, there're like a thousand cars behind us.
L: I DON'T care!! Guys, I can't feel my legs!! Oh my god, my legs are numb! *Very, VERY close to hyperventilating*
F & S: Leila, it's ok... don't worry about it... we're all fine.
Me: Leila, there's a massive truck behind us...
we hear a huge honking noise that makes us all jump... followed by more synchronous screaming (from us).
Me: OK, ok... just calm down guys *my throat is clogged & dry, I'm feeling dizzy* Leila, we have to get out of here... it's ok, just go. Nothing happened so just GO!
L: Raafia, I have no idea where I am, where the hell am I?
Raf: Relax, I know the way... just turn right here...
Me: No! Don't turn right, just keep going straight.


And so went the convo until we got to my house, where we all breathed a sigh of relief, let out the final nervous laughter/giggles, and I made my shaky way to face the wrath of my FATHER.

What a night! But Alhamdulillah, it's a night I won't be forgetting soo, inshaAllah... and SUbhanallah! What a lesson for us all!

Edit: Ermmm, people... are you being ignored by Ishi or is it just me?? She isn't really one to ignore people... generally. BUT, seeing as I've had no reply to the SMS (or 2) I've sent her & she hasn't been online, and I'm too scared to call her home phone, I'm wondering if, by some unintentional, yet Flynnic (thoughtless) action, I've offended her? Where art thou, oh Brain of all Peaches?? Wherefore art thou S-Brain?? Hmm... perhaps you're being a Brain and actually studying for those exams?

12 comments:

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

I'm very glad you did not all 'end before eid,' so to speak...

Anonymous said...

ooooooooooh dear

(at a loss for words)

Jibonjatri said...

Alahmdulillah! You are safe! yeah... a night to remember
:$

Anonymous said...

Wait till dad hears about this (i'm going to blab :P...unless you pay me:)and you better buy the GPS-tracker yourself before he straps one onto you...lol. I's looove to see that!
P.S. our food was better, right Ms. doe?

flynn.t said...

PA- can't vouch for my safety if Ash "blabs". I won't even need GPS-tracker if she does, since my Dad will never EVER let me out of the house again...yipes!!:S
And Ash, you know better than ANYONE else here that rarely am i worth more than a measly AU$20. Yes, yes... I can hear you all say how pathetic I am, but it's this spend-thrift nature I seemed to have acquired from neither my father nor my mother.

Doe dear, your food could NOT have been better- we had chicken kebabs... grilled to perfection! And a really nice crab salad (I can see Ash salivating);P

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

I never would've believed such a person existed if I hadn't met you woman! I perfectly understand your dad wanting to stick a GPS tracker or whatever transmission chip on you...can't say I don't support him...

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

re ur comment about mutilating language: "just be quite and accept it when i say Eng language's being mutilated..." can't believe you refuting it since you love it more than Bangla...

Anonymous said...

I DO NOT salivate...that's very unladylike, me being a proper lady and all...I'm shocked that you could even said such a thing.
As a payback- here's my account of taraweeh at the masjid today- it was stupefyingly, heart-wrenchingly beautiful, mA. How can a person be gifted with such a voice? Sunhanallah...it was amazing as no doubt mumzy and Snowy would agree. Never heard anything so heavenly before...could listen to him for en eternity! And haha you missed out again :P!
Are you satisfied now?

Anonymous said...

sorry about the countless typos...it's 1 o'clock and I'm half-asleep!

Aaisha said...

My goodness flynn! Another near death accident while u were in the car of a P-plater! ar koto hobe erokom. I shall personally convince ur papa abt the tracker thingo, lol, jokes.

Alhamdulillah u r all ok. Thats all that matters. By the way, WHY were u called home like that? Did u get into big trouble?

I was, and still am in hibernation. Last week was BAD with exams and assignments. Now i just wanna relax (even tho its stuvac). I got 25 sms yesterday, around 21 of them right at 12. So I didnt no who to reply to. My fonw wouldnt shut up! lol, but i felt very special 2 get the sms's.

And being 19, feels no different to being 18 :P

flynn.t said...

Well... here we have it- it seems the consesus is unanimous... I MUST get a GPS tracker stuck to myself asap :(... oh you lot are soooo supportive of my endevour to become "independant"!

Nira: Who's disagreeing about the mutilation of English... I'm just saying that the "new" & "mutated" version could grow on me. And Yep- you got it... I prefer English to any and all other languages.

Ash: NOOOOOOOO!!! Ok- must you harass me with the fine details of the Egyptian Qaari's recitation I can't seem to escape accounts of?? I missed out people, but my one consolation is that the rest of you missed out as well, so there Ash, I have supporters :P

HP: lol @ "blod-ed".

And Ishi: Don't worry about replying to my SMS-es... I just thought you were dead, or worse... IGNORING us!

Anonymous said...

Hi, i think that i noticed you visited my [url=http://pandoracharmsukmart.co.uk]pandora charms[/url] website so i got here to ??go back the want??. [url=http://pandoracharmsukmart.co.uk]pandora charms[/url] , I am trying to in finding issues to enhance my web site!I suppose its adequate to use some of your concepts!!