Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Rashed Bhai & Jharu Bhai... and Dhabol??

Will explain the title in a bit, but first... *drum rolls*

You'll never believe it!!!!

NIRA'S GETTING HITCHED!!

Called BD last night to have a chat to family & found out the most amazing/ exciting/ unbelievable news: Nira Apu is to be married... VERY SOON!! Her wedding is on the 13th January... which is like 2 days away... YAY!! Alhamdulillah!!

Ash was telling me how she got a call from one of the twins, who told her that Nira APu was getting married to someone... it seems all sudden because even Twin #2 couldn't tell us much about Nira's-hubby-to-be. All I know is that he's a Doctor- *ahem*- and very Islamic, and... that's all. Apparently, Aunty & Uncle went, they saw, they liked, they agreed, and it was done!!

WOWEEE!!

Straight away I SMS-ed Emu & Ishi (btw- Ishi, you still haven't called to find out the details). Anywway, it was after midnight, and I'm sorry if I woke either of them up, but it couldn't be helped... I was soooo excited & happy for her that I HAD to share the news!!
:D :D
:D :D

Now, Flynn is all smiles and very hyperactive!!

The sad thing is that Ash most probably won't be able to go to her wedding (it's somewhere in some village VERY far away from Dhaka)... BUT, Snowy & Mum might be able to go to the reception which should be in Dhaka. Ash'll be back in Oz-land by then... bummer.

Ok- now to explain the title...
Snowy hasn't experienced BD-style Eid-ul-Adha before... as far as she can remember. So, she's thrilled to have a new pet goat & a cow. For reasons she hasn't told me, she named the top half of the cow Rashed Bhai, and the bottom half Jharu bhai... :S ... Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time I checked, weren't all cows females?? And yet, she's dubbed her cow Rashed & Jharu bhai??? And her goat's name is Dhabol... what the????? I didn't even bother to ask her to explain this one. Righto Snowy, you go ahead & explain how you came up with these names... I'd looooove to know.

Anyway- as long as she's having the time of her life feeding the goat/ cow, it's all good... and she is having a ball, but that might all change when the cow & goat're gone... poor thing, I hope she isn't too traumatised.
:S

Anyway- well- there you have it... I've rambled quite enough now, and I can't WAIT until Nira APu comes back as a Mrs.!! She is coming back, though... right??

6 comments:

flynn.t said...

Just received an email from Twin #2:

"In the name of Allah

Most Gracious Most Merciful



Mrs. T***** T***** and Md. R**** A*** requests the pleasure of your company at the Wedding Ceremony of their eldest daughter



****** **** [Nira Apu]

with

Dr. M. M. A***

Shibir Shodosho (Secretary of Medical College) and Doctor



The eldest son of Md. J******* A*** of *****pur



Wedding Ceremony

Date: Friday 13th January, 2006

Time: 2:00pm

Venue: P******* Motel, **** Road , ****pur



Contact: **** *** ***


Mate, this is proff I ain't making any of this up.

:D

My question is- why did they invite me?? I'd looooove to go, but I'm kida stuck here. :S
:(

Oh well... still happy for Nira Apu :D

Anonymous said...

Had the weirdest call just now.

Phne rings, Flynn picks up...
Flynn: Hello?
10-yr-old-boy: Umm... hi- is brother there?

Flynn is stumped & thinking, EH?? WHAT?? Brother?? What brother? Brother who???

Flynn: Sorry??
Boy: Just hold on minute.

Boy screams to someone... someone yells back somehting like "I don't know his name!"
Boy: uhhh... sister, the chicken's been skinned...

Flynn, at this point is looking at the phone as though it had sprouted feather, a wing and was about to take flight... WHAT THE??! Flynn gives up trying to understand, and hands phone over to Dad.
Flynn: Errrmmm... hold on one sec, please.

Dad picks upo phone, talks and apparently understands EXACTLY what's happening.

:S
I'm not even gonna ask... skinless chickens and someone's brother...
:S

Jibonjatri said...

Now that's what I call "NEWS"! MashaAllah. Yeah, I had known about that....Muhahahah! She said, since I live in a different continent, it's very unlikely that I will spread the info around! lol!
I am very happy for her. Tell her congratulations from me,if you get to talk to her.

Jibonjatri said...

oh, maybe the goat is white and hence the name :dhabol: literally "white"

Emu said...

hehe, get this - yow's gonna have my last name!!!

flynn.t said...

LOL!!Actually- one of the first things I was wondering, Emu, was if you had any connections with the Br...hehe. You don't, do you??

PS Teabiscuit: we all kinda guessed that no way was Nira Apu coming back this time still single, so :P. Plus she hinted before she left.
:D