Friday, February 09, 2007

Backless, Strapless, Sleeveless & Short

Have witnessed a true Arab-style Hen's night (or so I'm told)... rip off the sleeves, straps & backs of any nice-looking T-shirt... add a short skirt, some lingerie (wrapped in pretty boxes, of course)... throw in a bit of belly dancing (or any dancing at all), and there you have a truly Arab-style Hen's night (I only repeat what I was told).

Actually, it was... how shall I put it delicately?- a lame party (except for the pressies). My dearest Bubbly-Bubbles, the party organiser, neglected to organise a few key aspects of the party- namely, food & entertainment *ahem*. She made up for it with her endless bubbliness.

The clothes were pretty good & tame... nothing I hadn't seen before, but a slight culture shock nonetheless... my being curry sort of demands that I'm shocked by such clothing (or lack thereof).

Pressies- now therein lay the real shocker of the day- lingerie!! Your all out kinky little numbers including corsetry, sleepwear, matching sets & other "novelty" items- not tame at all! I nearly died of shock at the thought of my even stepping into a lingerie store, but to buy my friend lingerie!! Oh, the shock, the embarrassment, the dread!!
Frankly, I bought no such thing for her! Meek, innocent, naive little creature that I am *ahem*, I bought her some nice jewellery. Nonetheless, I sat there ... a witness to the end of some of my naivety... Lord, let me forget this day soon- very soon!

I wonder what awaits us at her wedding...
What to wear, oh what to wear??

3 comments:

Emu said...

riiiight ... *congested cough* ... ooookaaaay...*several congested coughs* ...

thankful that i haven't a clue of what u'r on about ...

Jibonjatri said...

how are you girls doing?

-sabrina

Anonymous said...

Khulud?? Ummm... interesting name. Maybe there's a meaning behind it? Oh well, welcome back(or "Okairi", as the Japanese would say).

Emu- how can u not know what I wrote about? Hen's night...
Oh wait- you weren't there...