Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Prune-toes

You know, they don't advertise this weather of ours for a reason.

I was on my merry way to the city...the sun was up with not a single cloud to mar the sky blue dome above me. Now, who would have expected that while I sat, unaware and nauseous in my lab, the perfect blue dome had decided to invite clouds to start a new party in the sky! Well hooray, you all say! We need this rain, you say. Well guess what my oblivious friends? You got more than you bargained for! Not only was there torrential rain, but it began to hail! Hail, I tell you, H-A-I-L! (ok- permit this bit of exaggeration, it adds to the drama of my story).

I was none too happy (to say the least), dressed in my long , loose and baggy jeans, a pair of joggers so worn out they have holes (!); not to mention the fact that I did not forsee the need for an umbrella. Not that the umbrellas were of much use...I saw one after another breaking and bending and generally becoming useless after being pummeled by hailstones the size of golfballs. (Ok- I'm exaggerating there.) But seriously, it was like a domino effect! One by one, the umbrellas were going down...I couldn't count how many were in all the bins I passed!

And so I cam home with pruned toes, a numb nose, and clothes that were so heavy they might have fallen off. I wonder if I'll have to go on anti-biotics?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't actually wearing any jeans. I wrote "jeans" because it adds to the whole "I hate Life" effect.