Thursday, July 21, 2005

Ashes In Agony

How many of you have been wondering at the absence of Ashes? Yes- most of you, as I had guessed. Well, let me give you the nitty-gritty, sometimes tedious and sometimes gross details of Ash in agony.

I can't quite remember how long ago it started... maybe 3/4 days ago?? Well anyway- let's say 3/4 days ago- Ash awoke complaining of a sore stomach. No biggie, right? Many things can cause a mild stomach ache. However, it soon became evident that this was not just a "mild" ache...
After a few hours of sitting/ lying around, Ash made a mad dash into the bathroom and up-chucked the contents of her shomach. Poor thing was retching violently for what seemed to me like forever (it was maybe 2 mins. in total). Anyway, so there I was, being shouted at to "Bring a glass of water!", and trying not to retch myself. Lordy, the worst thing when someone else is being sick is that I can't go to help them because I feel ill myself. Well anyway, I braved it, and fetched the much needed glass of water... all the while swallowing and trying not to hear the retching.

We all thought it was a one-off thing, but boy were we wrong. That night (or perhaps it was the night after), matters became much worse, when Ash apparently vomited blood- I don't know how much of that is true, I wasn't there to see it. So, the next morning, she was bundled up and rushed off to the doctors the next morning... only to come back with no medication. And the doctor's verdict? It's only a viral infection of some kind (note the sarcasm), and if it doesn't get better within the week, then she would be prescribed medication.
Meanwhile, Mum is trying to feed her & fatten 'er up, so that her hollowed cheeks and eyes can take on some flesh and semblance of life. Ash being Ash, is a very light & extremely picky eater, who can smell the difference between chicken cooked with chilli and chicken cooked without. So, she resists and definitely avoids eating (and even drinking) as much as possible.

What a predicament! How can one expect to get better with no food or water in their system?? She's already lost quite a lot of weight, but if this continues, I wonder if anything will remain of her. And Ash calls herself a scientist! She should know the benefits of food and water!!

This, mateys, is my perspective on Ash's debilitating condition... Lord only knows what she has to say about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh poor Ash. How is she now? If the bechari looses any weight..I too wonder what will remain of her!! Hope she gets well soon, before uni starts again(and makes our lives miserable)

Emu said...

doe, our beloved Ash is in agony and ur thinking about UNI?!?!?! u will never cease to amaze me...

poor Ash. We all hope she gets better soon, insha Allah. We shall keep her in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Sad...people just don't care;( I could be dead and people would just look the other way! Except for Emu, miss doe, ishi- no one else cares.

I think I'm going further into this depression thing.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I'm gonna get you Snowy, just you wait!