Saturday, July 02, 2005

A Tale Of Two Cities

Here begins the tale of two cities... one being the City of Caterbury, and the other being the City of Penrith... and both within the city of Sydney! (Confused, are we??)

So many highlights, yet so little time and space. Right-o, let's try to imbue some sense of normalcy here, shall we?
Friday morning greeted Flynn with no rain!! Fantastic! After a week of those detestable, but much needed, downpours, the rain finally relented... and just in time for my trip to the other end of the universe (almost). It was to be a long and possibly arduous journey to the house of my mateys, but I am not one to begrudge a fun day out (or in) with friends, so there I was, at the ridiculous hour of 8:30 AM, waiting for my train to arrive. And arrive it did, but 10 mins late (typical of CityRail and the Howard government). At any rate, my first train ride was simply a bore, but the life and times of Flynn took a turn for the better when I met up with Ishi and Emu at Liverpool station. To my utter surpirse, Emu pulled out her knitting gear... and began knit-knitting away. Not to worry mateys, it was all for a good cause... she was knitting a scarf (fluffy, red and warm) for little Radia. Typical Emu...

Well, we arrived at the house of M. Apu, Ifafa Apu, Uknowwho Apu, and Radia right on schedule... and in time for a gruelling hour of tennis, but not before the missing person arrived. 12 PM hailed tennis hour, and luckily, our Princess arrived (but was clueless about tennis).
The mad rush and digging through closets for suitable attire was quite a sight... but we got ready in time, and headed out. Fun, fun fun... right? Thank all lollies, gollies and mollies that there were no spectators, else I may have had to cover my head with a paper bag for the rest of my days. We played so atrociously that in the end, we all gave up and invented our own "rules". The volleying and serving (if you can call it that) was so bad that poor Radia frequently dashed outside the high-fenced court to retrieve tennis balls Flynn had hit with a tad too much enthusiasm. What a sight, oh what a sight! Racquets and arms flailing about, balls flying up, down, left, right and centre... Flynn nearly started and intercourt match as well! All in all, it was an amazing display of how inept we are with a racquet and a ball.

Sadly, Ishi had other plans for the night, so she and Emu left in a mad rush only an hour after tennis... Princess followed suite shortly thereafter. Unfortunately for M. Apu and her sisters (not to metion their poor Mum), Flynn was to linger on for a while longer. Snowman was to pay them a visit that night... Radia and Snowman being mates and all... so, Snowman requsted that I stay with her. Little did I know that one night would turn into two and two into three... how they put up with me is unfathomable! But, Flynn thanks ye lot muchly for yer hospitality (and so do Snowman and me folks, of course)!

So, Flynn spent a luxurious 3 days with nothing to do but relax and eat the delicacies served by her excellent and numerous hosts. There was never a lack of words to say or things to do... hence our late nights: 2:30 AM was bedtime the first night and 1:40 AM the second night. So, it's no great wonder that Flynn has become somewhat more absent minded now. I should give you all a glimpse of how I whiled away my 3 days, but I can't seem to recall much of anything right at this moment...

Snowman and Radia picked 40... that's right 40- yellow, ripe lemons from their lemon tree. Hours of fun, according to Snoman and Radia, but don't ask me why. My only question is, what on earth are you lot going to do with all those lemons, M. Apu?? We watched Madagascar and Garfield (the movie)... both entertaining, but not my cuppa tea. I guess the 2 little squrts enjoyed it, so it's all worth it, right? So many things happened in such a short time! You can't blame me for forgetting all the little details. Help me out here, M. Apu... relate some little incidents I have neglected to mention.

For now, I believe this blog is suffieciently lengthy to bore you all, so I shall end here, but only until I can remember further details of my stay in the City of Penrith. So, here ends yet another episode of Flynn's rants... "Cheers and Peace!" to all my blogger-mateys (and some visitors in between).

8 comments:

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

I see u changed name, but still the same old flynn. Did I tell u how much I hate that name?

Anyways, my pain started today @ thigh joints...delayed reaction I guess.

You mentioned intercourt tennis, but forgot the rocket launcher serves I swear, if I was hit by one of those, I'b be history now! You can explain RLS for the benefit of your to-be-entralled audience.

The poor 40 lemons...hm ammu forced 4 on you so now we have 36...well they'll dry and die coz ammu told me not to joice them at once, apparently they lose vitamin.

Btw, I linked this post to OM, hope u don't mind, more visitors are on the way (which should compensate....)

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

Doe you're welcome! I've missed you too! Remember our slumber party couple of years back: face painting, crazy dress ups? We sure had some fun times........Btw, emu even shed a strand of her wool which at this hour resides in our bin. *lol*.........As for fun ashes, if you could be so good as to remember you staying a other ppl's places, is why you missed all the fun! We plan to have more *winks* Snowman come back anytime...infact, Radia's already busy plotting how to get you back *lol*

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

ashes, I meant to say that you could be so good as to remember you DETEST staying a other ppl's places,

flynn.t said...

Why only Radia? I say, the lot of you should come 'round to our parts, eh? It's about time!

Emu said...

aaarrrggghhh!!! too much to read. i really don;t understand how u ppl can write so much. I'M ALWAYS AT A LOSS FOR WORDS!!! i'll finish reading this one day, insha Allah. but for now, i have to give my f. virus invaded brain a rest.

ps: FLU virus, not Flynn virus

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

flu virus/flynn virus whats the diff yo? All viruses! The only known dilemma to your prob is to visit blog more often moo...otherwise I wouldn't be winging.

L said...

lolz its not only emu apu hu's turnin out strange, ALL OF U R!!!

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

oi, where's episode #2??????