Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Episode 2

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate shopping? I'm sure that Ifafa Apu would agree with me that shopping has to be the worst way to pass time! Argh! The head aches, the legs feel weak from so much walking and eyes begin to sting while vision gradually deteriorates. Eventually, the colours just mesh into one very psychadelic and very 60's/70's scene before my eyes. Righto, time to explain my aversion to the dreaded shopping.

Episode two of the Tale of Two Cities began on Sunday, when I, along with the rest of my family, headed down to the region of the Emus residing on the Plains. Princess was expecting a full house, and we were one of the first to arrive, bright and early. Well, anyway, to cut a long story short- we ate a royal feast for lunch (provided by the Princess herself), chitchat for a while until it was time to leave. Meanwhile, we dragged Ifafa Apu along with us, and brought her down to our city. (I have just thought of an interesting name for her..."She of the perfect teeth"- lol... what do you reckon, my mateys?).

The plan was that a bunch of us would meet up for lunch, since we hadn't seen each other in a long time... but circumtances and fate were against us, so lunch was cancelled. Poor Ash, she tried so hard to make it work. Well, with lunch out of the way, Ifafa Apu and I found ourselves with time enough on our hands to do some shopping (not for fun, mind you... it was all necessary business). Down we went with our list and our budget and our time limit (2hrs wasn't it?). Boy, oh boy... who knew shopping for a few measly items for a few little kids could take so much time and drain us of so much energy? But- we set out with a goal, and accomplish it we did. Thank god for that... I can't imagine going shopping again!

I don't want to give you all the impression that I had it tough. Poor Ifafa Apu was worse off. Apparently, she had to go home... before dark. No matter how much we tried, she was a stubborn little thing, and refused to remain a night longer (with the feeble excuse that she had to work... or was it a dental appointment?). Stubborn or not, we shall kidnap you soon enough... only this time, your sisters shall be kidnapped with you!

Right after she left, I began to feel lightheaded and slightly disoriented... signs of another clod/ flu/ viral infection. If you're thinking "uh-oh", you'd be thinking along the right lines. Tomorrow is to be a busy, and undoubtedly fun-filled day, what with the reunion and the staying over at Emu's. Now, Emu herself is sick... so I reckon we won't make a bad pair, the two of us... we shall just have to put her poor Mum through the torture of two sick brats.
My illness becomes more and more cumbersome... when I think about the tiring work ahead of me on Saturday, I fear that I might ot survive the onslaught of people. My main concern, at the moment, is not my fever nor my sore throat, but that I might have to take pills. Ugh! Medication... down my throat... someone save me from the horror!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree with u 100% about the shopping ordeal.
sick or not, if u don't come thursday and stay, khobor ache. beware.

Anonymous said...

ooooooooo - if u dont stay over on thursday .... the martians will be out to get u!!

Ps: Shopping stinks!!

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

oooops, sorry woman!

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

oi, we dont live in Emu Plains! just close to it....it didn't drag afi...she mastermined the whole thing....perfect teeth...hmm, not so perfect...complications, just ask her....zakia's in a bad way too...got 2 teeth pulled our...can't speak, her lunch was milk and dinner was soup...so you can imagine! I don't think she'll make it to the R' thing.

Emu said...

bevare ov ze martians ....... *sinister laugh*

Emu said...

our poor flynn, stooped to the level of perhaps taking ... *eeek* ... medication!!! there, there, there's a first time for everything... even a reunion in ur sickly times

L said...

hey i like shopping. even if i dont hav any money. martian and flynn we seriously need to send u off to some hospital.

flynn.t said...

Retail therapy may be the answer for some, in some cases... but not for me, thanks all the same.

Anonymous said...

i retaliate against retail therapy!!!

person said...

yeh shopping is boring

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

I don't understand why ppl are complaining about shopping for YMSA. Don'tcha know this shopping is a source of Allah's rewards?!?!?

flynn.t said...

It's not shopping for YMSA I'm complaining about- it just plain shopping itself.