Monday, June 27, 2005

The introductions continue... Hold the drum roll, please

As promised, here I now introduce my Aussie mateys:

Let's begin with the yongest and the most melted, shall we?


Snowman: Yes, for those who've tried soo hard to re-freeze our melted Snowman (ie- Ishi, Dagz, Ash), sadly it is time we faced the facts of life... Snowman ain't comin' back ladies and germs... at least not in the near and forseeable future. But for the benefit of our new Ice Palace Landers (yes, that's right Dazey- Flynnism, indeed), let's recap on what Snowman used to be like. She's the youngest of the bunch, and is currently suffering through her junior years at high school- poor girl, she won't survive unscathed. Not to worry too much, she goes to a great school, am I right Ishi and Emu??
Speaking of Emu and Ishi...

Ishi: This here is the sensitive girl of the gang, and a friend of mine from high school. Miraculously, we also go to the same Uni, although don't let yourselves be fooled into thinking that we bump into each other all that frequently... we don't. What else does one associate with Ishi? Ah yes, how could I forget? She also bears the nickmane "Brain" (a title given to her by Flynn) because that's what she is (and don't believe her if she says otherwise...she must try to be modest, you know?)

Emu/ Bump (but mostly Emu): Now, an apt description of Emu is written in my link... yes she of the enigmatic, and telepathic talents... that's our Emu. How she does it I really do not know... but that fact that she confounds and frustrates me is true. And hence, the reason we are friends. (which reminds me- I should probably mention that she is another friend of mine from high school). Her nickname, Emu, was also bestowed on her by Flynn. Should I write the full version, Emu? She happens to be the one with the many peculiar quirks (and I don't mean that in an offensive way at all, just so we're all clear on that...).

Dagz (who has resurfaced once again!): Daggy is another who is still suffering through her senior high school years... we all feel for you Dagz, but the worst has not yet come for you... one more year to go. She hardly ever blogs, but when she does, it's usually a good laugh. And in case you hadn't noticed, she does tend to get hyperactive.

Ash: What can I say? Ash is Ash... there is no other like her- am I right? I mean, really, how many people LOVE to grow/ culture bacteria and then analyse the horrid little things?! Not to worry Ash, we all have our quirks... It's no wonder that Miss Doe calls her "the scientist"... a mad scientist at that (note the pun on the word "mad")! Ah well, you are what you are Ash... but sometimes, you say/ do the strangest things! Possibly, your best quality is your apparent flair for concocting all sorts of weird and wonderful words (eg- Learic madness, Digitopia, Flynnland, etc, etc, etc... but not "riddle me piddle"!!).

Miss Doe (also "the sensible maniac"- hehe... love the oxymoron) : Dazey knows Miss Doe, probably a lot better than myself, so I shall keep this short and sweet. Actually, I really don't know what to write about Miss Doe- she's smart, but then so are the rest of you lot. Well, I haven't spoken to her in a very long time... I think. Oh dear, Miss Doe, I believe I am forgetting what you look like... see? We really should get together before your face completely vanishes from my hippocampus! Before I forget- she and Ash go to the same Uni... and are the same age... and erm- that's all I can think of (except maybe Miss Doe is secretly suffering from depression or marriage syndrome or the like... You should find out, Ash). (PS: only joking about that forgetting your face part ... ... ... what? I am! Really!!)

Nira (aka "Ye Olde and Wise One"): Yes, she is what you all believe her to be- the "boss" of the bunch... ok- maybe boss isn't quite the right word, eh M. Apu?? What I mean is that she is one of the Elders (including Miss Doe and Ash). Unfortunately, she shares many of Flynn's "lost" qualities... yes, that's right, she too is forgetful, slightly disorganised and loves to procrastinate.

And I think here I shall finish off introducing the friends of mine. Enjoy the read!

NB: I give up, I'm coming up with my own envoi! Evidently "Riddle me Piddle" is the best you lot can come up with... sorely disappointed and shocked, is Flynn.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks flynn for the welcome. You are forgetting my face!! That's a worry, my child. To be honest, I don't know flynn all that much either.
And I am suffering from marriage syndrome?? Did you get that right, dear? From nowhere, all these girls are bugging me about it. I am still ignorant about the source. Oh god flynn..you are embarassing me in public now. Please stop before I turn out to be a real maniac. Please!!!! Arrggg...

dazey said...

ah quite a crowd indeed.tis lovely to meet ppl from the hot desert regions of aussie. btw we're getting about 30 degrees out here n we're finding it jolly hot indeed...tho with a lovely breeze.

yes doe! we r ALL CONCERNED that u r suffering from quarterly life crisis, or in asian terms-marriage syndrome! n we r all keenly searching for one who will provide companionship for u! lol. aah we must all have our fun wat?

tho, my days, they actually came up with a 'quarterly life crisis' too. pagol kore charbe, theres no escape from these western psychologists.

tc me luvs, nice to know who u all r:). xx

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

hey whats with you and profliling????

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

and thanks a lot for putting me in the same category as YOU/FLYNN. You just cost me my last shred of respectibility, dignity and individuality!

Anonymous said...

Hehe... I would never have guessed what riot my "profiling" would have caused. I shall let you elders harass poor Miss Doe about her future, prospective, husbands-to-be.
As for my need to "profile", M. Apu... can't you see? There's already confusion in Flynnland. I simply thought to rid myself of some of this confusion. And also, now we're all one, big, happy and very spread- out family!! (Ok- I know- that's a bit cheesy).

Aaisha said...

Ami brain? cool! Flynn er mathai gondogol ache - but nevertheless i like the name, its grown on me. But Flynn is the only 1 that seems to think I'm a brain: my other niknames (give 2 me by ppl) include peach, charlie, sine wave and Luza!

There is 1 incident with luza (me frend Nahid calls me that). Nahid was in BD and I called her 2 tok 2 her. When she picked up the fone I was yelling at the top oof my lungs saying "Nahid, ami Looser boltesi". I said the word looser like 20 times! Only 2 find out at the end that I wasnt speaking to Nahid but it was her Mum. All I can say is Thank GOD for the bad reception. Imagine wat aunty would've thought if she heard every word of wat I said!

U c, there is proof of my brainyness!

Anonymous said...

Since when?? Miss Doe?? Since when?? Flynn has either had her head buried in the sandy dunes of the Sahara Desert or this is some kind of joke! Right??

Anonymous said...

we should all like to meet ur husband Doe - when will be a good time for him!! - What do i call him?? - that is the bigger question!!

And y r we picking on Doe - when clearly "Ye Old and Wise One" is older and eager (no doubt!!) :P

dazey said...

aah how bout i just throw random 'biodatas' at u aussies n u cn mix n match? lol.

btw, 30 degrees jolly well is hot! especially wen u aint got a fan even...n yes i have lived in la real desert so am aware of real heat. me life in saudi arabia was no treat i can tell u;).

xx

dazey said...

o he is, doe? well woman, Y AINT U?!

i refuse to comment further till i have an explanation.

xx

Anonymous said...

Well dazey, I ain't there bcos of 2 reasons:

1. pocket khali..lol.Not enough cash for a ticket to UK.

2. E**s...horror. Just did one today. One more to go(and the hardest too).

Ash tell me about the weather!! It's terrible. At least you can stay home, be thankful.Came to do the exam with soaked up pants. It's raining in 45 degree angle and the umbrella is always about to be turned upside down. I feel like I will be blown by the wind anytime.Add to that...me wearing abaya with joggers and I do look jolly weird!!! [Ishi was telling me once how funny it would look if one did that.]Ok.going home.

Ash..when is the jasmine lunch? Don't tell me you cancelled it.

P.S: dazey, can I link you in my blog?

flynn.t said...

Gee, looks like you've turned completely daft from so much studying, Miss Doe... you're measuring the angle at which the rain falls?? Lol!
Are you sure it's 45 and not 45.5 or 45.2??
As far as Ash knows, lunch is still on, but look at this downpour, woman! Who wants to eat with "soaked up pants"??

dazey said...

oh so u DO have more than just sun in aussie? im beginning to think ur world is normal now;). lol, manchester is finally proving it aint ENTIRELY retarded, by letting us see wat the sun looks like now n then-was thinking id hv to com down under to see its face.

btw doe, the feeling is mutual. dazey is officially broke, to the extent i sent sos signals to nature's wallet (thats wat dad calls himself-i aint so shameless;)) yest, so hopefully my supplies r somewhat replenished by now.

anyways, tc habibtis. good luk in exams doe, n quit measuring the angle at which rain falls! o n ur quite welcome to link me to ur blog;).

dazey xx

Mariamazmi said...

ha!
Mcr is a disgrace. it's blisteringly hot all day, and at night we have a thunderstorm with bolts of blue lightening cracking lef-right and centre.
Only today it was sweltering when i went into a shop and in the half an hour i was there, it had rained cats, dogs and every other animal under the sun and then started to shine again.
I only actually realised it rained after stepping into a puddle and getting soaked.

So thats British northern weather for you, not nice. You are forced to wear sandals and carry an umberella because you just can't be sure...

But its all a product of global warming. And you Aussies with your Mr Howard and his lack-of-signing the Kyoto treaty aint helping it out :P.

Toodle pip for now.

Anonymous said...

I've become a "Flynny" now, have I Ash??
As for Howard the Coward... go to this blogsite- it is sooo funny!
johnhoward.blogspot.com

There you shall see the true, blue, dinky di, Aussie personality of Howard! PS- I would sign the Kyoto treaty FOR our PM, but my signature isn't exactly revered, now is it??

dazey said...

ah well seems all the leaders of the world represent on average, 20 ppl (claiming, ofcourse, to represent millions). i say we pack em all off to the sahara n start up new governments (whose theme colours will ofcourse be PINK n GREEN:D). n we shall make everyone convert to wind power n start recycling n use alcohol based fuel! o WOW i got ANOTHER revolution to plan now too!!

*dazey shrieks with manic laughter*

Mariamazmi said...

lol, don't get me started matey!
I DID blog about it a while ago here: http://manytailsofamadcow.blogspot.com/2005/03/calling-captain-planet.html

Global dimming eh? well evidently the effect isn't masking that of global warming,as we have seen from the freak weather...i'm a bit skeptical about the global dimming jazz, there is some truth in it, but still...

Anonymous said...

Well, no matter how we look at it...we are all screwed!

flynn.t said...

Is that you Ash? Hiding behind a cloak of "anonymity"??

Anonymous said...

hehe, quirks. i like that. and for once, i don't resent. flynny, u don't really need my permission to write the full version of my name, do u? u have it on ur 'mateys' list.
"that fact that she confounds and frustrates me is true" - u couldn't possibly make me happier :D