Thursday, April 06, 2006

A Few Funny Flynn Stories 1

This happened a while ago, but I thought I'd share now:

Friend of mine, Shay, had left her watch at my place. So, I thought I'd give it to her at Uni. I took it in my bag, but that's not the safest place to put fragile, breakable things. So when I got on the train, and before I sat on my bag & crushed her hapless watch to pieces, I decided that it was safer to just wear it until I saw her. I was just about done putting it on when random bloke in front of me turns and says: "Assalaamu alaikum sister, can you please tell me what the time is?" Naturally, I open up my bag and shuffle through until I find my mobile phone, then tell him that it's "10 o'clock".
At this point I epect him to thank me and turn back around to enjoy the train ride. But NO! He was looking at me with this slightly bemused/comic/ "you're-weird" look. And Flynn, not one to be easily intimidated *ahem* raised an eyebrow and gave him a haughty "what-do-you-want-now" look.
And he said: "Ummm... sister. You have a watch." He smirked & turned around, while Flynn was left looking like an idiotic tomato...
& my reply was "...oh...".
Yes- very articulate, Flynn... nice one.

Turns out that the watch was actually set in Egyptian time (since Shay'd only recently come back from Egypt, and not bothered to change the time. Come to think of it, that kind of defeats the whole purpose of wearing a watch). Anyway- too bad I couldn't tell that to the smirking bloke :P.


Note the "1" in the title... it indicates that there's going to be a 2... one hopes.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! can u do a huge favor for a stranger? That song that "ifafa" wrote the lyrics for, can u PLEASE PLEASE send it to me?! PLEASE!!!!
I've been searching the internet for weeks for it! I'd greatly appreciate it if you could send it... i'll b in ur debt forever! pls e-mail w/ a response!

Anonymous said...

‡P.S., my e-mail address is jqp122@yahoo.com‡

Anonymous said...

oi flynn - can I plz get those contact details asap!
ring me as soon as you get them- its URGENT!

flynn.t said...

Hey there...how's life Shock Stranger?
Sorry, but I've got NO clue what song you're on about (anyone else wanna shed some light?)
:S
I'll have to ask Ifafa in person, so gimme a few days (...or weeks).

In the meantime, if anybody else knows the song, feel free to intervene & let me know.
So, no need to be indebted, yeah?

And Ash- just sent you an SMS...sorry man, been a hectic time of late. Was up until god only knows what o' clock helping Nemo & Snowy wit assignments. I still have more details to pass on to you, but gimme a few more days.

Anonymous said...

heh, that couldn't have been worse than my telling a stranger/newly-revert guy "yes, actually, I do" when asked "do you mind if i sit next to you?"

i think shock is talking about the transliterated song on ifafa's blog

Anonymous said...

yes! anonymous hit the nail on the head!

flynn.t said...

EMU!!
Is that you using a cloak of anonimity??

And shock...if it's transliterated, then I've really got no clue what song it is, simply because I don't know any Bangla songs (assuming that it
s Bangla). And when i said intervene, I meant if anyone knows where to find this song, then email it to Shock for me...

I'm hoping Ifafa Apu comes over to my place to day, which she might), then I'll ask her.

Out of curiosity...what's so good about that song??

Anonymous said...

It's got sentimental value for me.. thanx for all da help! :D

Anonymous said...

shhhh.....