Saturday, April 01, 2006

I'll try to keep it Short & Simple

Parents flew off to Melbourne at the very convenient hour of 5AM this morning.

Last night was hectic:

  • Uni: Stat. quiz (very hard, although only 2 questions)...
  • Was meant to come home, but the prospect of ice cream at the Quay was too tempting to pass up. And it was SUCH a nice day...hot, but not unbearably so... and no rain, thank goodness. Hence, spent the afternoon (after Jumu'ah) at the Quay with DEEEElicious Veronese Choc & Hazelnut icecream (I mean... with friends: Shay, Dreema, Cosmos & later, Lily-flower). MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm... (the icecream, not friends!)
  • Watched a guy on a bike do funny things (totally off his rockers, if you ask me, but entertaining nonetheless).
  • Also, a bunch of guys (obviously from NZ) just randomly started doing the haka (scary, traditional warrior dance of the Maori's) on the Opera House steps. We all rushed to watch and (I can't believe it) Cosmos, Dreema & Shay were fully prepared to ask for an encore! UNbelievable!! Don't have a pic. of them doing the haka, though :( It would've been a sight...blonde, blue-eyed blokes from NZ making scary faces & generally doing a very good job at performing the haka for a random audience... actually, I though it was kind of funny.
  • AND...how could I forget the Shay-moment?! She'd just come down from C'town, which is about an hour away (by train) from Circular Quay. Anyway, she hadn't prayed Dhuhr. So we went into the gardens, had a little sit-down, let Lily-flower finish her lunch, when Shay announced that she needed to make wudhu. Searched for a tap somewhere nearby, but there were none, so we (Cosmos, Dreema, Lily & I) took out our half-empty bottles of water, and let her use them, though Shay insited that it wasn't nearly enough water for her. For those who've met Shay, you'll know how pearky & well... loud she can be. For some reason (can't recall what), we were all laughing. In fact, Shay was laughing so hard that she could barely keep water in her hands! And THEN, a tourist tram was coming around to where we were sitting. Dreema'd been pouring the water for Shay when all of a sudden Shay yelled out: "OMG! Quick!! The train's coming!!" The funniest thing was that the tram-driver had heard, and that's exactly why he'd slowed down (with the 20 odd passengers staring) until he came to a complete stand-still. By this time, I was rolling on the grassy ground (literally), laughing so hard that I'd turned red & was having trouble breathing properly. Just our luck... in that instant, a couple of others were walking past where we were sitting... and the fact that they ALL stopped (did a one 180 degree turn) to see what was so funny & why one girl was yelling at another to "Pour the water properly!!" only served to make us laugh harder... LOL- what a girl, and what a day.

  • When I finally got home around 6:30 PM, I was informed none too gently- that we were going to be late for dinner (at a friend of my parents' place)... and it was all the way in C'town region (40-45 min. drive fromFlynnland)!! So I barely had enough time to run in, change, pray & run back out again- at 7PM... Half an hr for all that- it's a world record!!
  • Barely had enough energy left to walk into the house when we got back, was so exhausted. But after I walked in, had to help Mum pack for her trip to Melbourne... then of course, got up at 5AM to bid her adieu.
  • They're set to be back tomorrow, iA...I think.

  • Note to self: ring Mum & find out when they're planning to get back.

And that, gentlefolk, be the tale of Flynn's Friday.

3 comments:

Emu said...

that's your idea of short?

Emu said...

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I'M SUPPOSED TO HAVE MEMORISED OVER 40 PAGES BY MONDAY 2PM AND I'VE ONLY DONE 5!!!!!!! ..... *hyperventilating* .....

...... sorry, just had to let it out of my system .......

.......I NEED A TIME-OUT.......

Jibonjatri said...

yeah that was one SHORT post.
BTW! Guys, if you read Bangla, I ghly recommend our HP's Bangla blog. it's AWESOME! I am too lazy to set up mine, because you have to go through a bit of trouble to set the font right, which I am not willing to do. But she rocks da world.

I know you are reading it, girl!!