Friday, April 07, 2006

A Few Funny Flynn Stories 3

Where was I?

Oh...yes- inside Eastern Ave. Aud...

I was waiting patiently for one set of students to file out of the lecture room, so that I could file in with my fellow Maths students (blrgh!!:$). Coming down the stairs to my left was this friend of mine and some unknown guy. They were having a very animated conversation- the guy looking exTREMEly overjoyed at something & my friend faking an equally ecstatic mood.

And THEN... *shock*, I saw the guy make a lunge for her (ok- I know that sounds bad, but the guy was happy and he was trying to give her a hug of happiness....like: "OMG!! We did it!! *screech*" kinda hug... know what I mean?)
Well, no matter what kind o hug it was, my (hijaabi) friend was clearly very uncomfortable to begin with, but now had a look of disbelief and shock on her face.
A nanosecond before... well-before it happened, I yelled out her name (I couldn't help it, I didn't know what else to do at the time). Both of them turned around only to see this girl grinning very strangely and waving madly at them.
My friend didn't quite know whether to be embarassed at being "caught out", or to feel relieved that she didn't have to go through the full ordeal. At any rate, she practically flew down the last few staris, waving just as frantically at me. She said rushed goodbyes to her companion-of-the-stairs, and pretended that she was going into my lecture with me, which she did...for a little while.

After the initial awkwardness of "should we talk about it or not", we were hard pressed to control our laughter because- seriously- it was SOOO funny.

What does one DO in these awkward, instantaneous and unexpected situations??
I later found out that my friend and her stairs-companion had gotten D (ie- distinction) in a group assignment...hence all the ecstasy.

There might be more Funny Flynn stories to come, but I'll see if I feel like sharing.
Until next time me blogger buddies.

3 comments:

dazey said...

i believe you deserve a pat on the head for saving your friend-otherwise ive really no idea how she'd hv got outta that one!

***patpatpat***

Emu said...

flynn, the question isn't "Where was I", rather, it is "WHERE ARE YOU THESE DAYS???!!!"

Jibonjatri said...

hey
msn kicked me out! *again* and it's not letting me get back on! :$