Thursday, April 06, 2006

A Few Funny Flynn Stories 2

Eastern Ave Auditorium:

That there is my Math lecture theatre. Such a nice place... air con, comfy chairs, good lighting, grass (outside, of course), and even a couple of little water-place-thingos (maybe they're fountains??) Well- that's where one of this morning's incidents occured.

I was seated on one of those huge concrete slabs they call seats... near one of those (what should I call it?) water-holes. All of a sudden, I saw this flying thing go right over my head and land with a splash behind me (I didn't get wet, thank goodness).
Next thing I knew, a bunch of hooligans are laughing and running around asking if anyone'd seen a black thong (as in those rubber/plastic sandals...flip flops...yes those things).

I was trying VERY hard not to laugh because I knew that, nope- 'twasnt a bird nor a plane... it wasn't even superman, but a thong that'd flown over my head.
I "kindly" pointed out that it had landed in the water hole behind me. So the poor dude who'd lost his thong (god only knows how), came 'round and was trying to stretch his leg & fish it out.
It was SO funny, I couldn't help it... I was laughing at the poor guy.
Before I had tears coming out of my eyes, I escaped and made my way into the E.Av.Aud.

Here's where the next funny incident occured. Unfortunately, I can't share that with you now... just think of hugs, a hijaabi, and a VERY awkward situation... oh, and someone lunging at you in sheer ecstasy.
:S...Actually, don't think too much on that last bit.

:D Must be buzzing off now.
Cheers & my salaams to all.

5 comments:

Emu said...

hahahaha! a flying thong!!! hahahahahahahahaha!!! (the caffein is linger longer today and working overtime)

reminds me of a story a friend told me. she chucked her shoe at another friend who ticked her off, and her friend ran away with the shoe! poor thing had to walk with only one shoe for a while.

Jibonjatri said...

Oh my God! please please please don't call me a pervert or anything, but "thong" in America means something else. So when you wrote it, i was hoping it was typo and then of course you explained 'sandal". If you don't believe me, go here
http://m-w.com/dictionary/thong
and pay close attention to the meaning #3 and that's the predominant meaning in the US.
LOLOLOLOL... man I am laughing AT myself. That was good Flynn!

flynn.t said...

I suspected that it might mean something not-so-exposable in some countries, but rest assured, it is not a typo, and it means something entirely innocent in Aus-land.

Jibonjatri said...

did you hear the song titled "Thong" by Sisqo?

Jibonjatri said...

disclaimer: it's a NASTY song. So if you didn't, youi probably don't want to hear that song