Thursday, February 16, 2006

Fake Lakes, but that's old news

I know I was supposed to write up something about the fake lakes in Canberra about 3 days ago, but- honestly- I haven't had time... I've really just been too busy. AND, now that Mum's back & always at home with me, she keeps a hawklike watch on me & what I do.

I'm fuessig I have about 10mins before she comes rushing in here to tell me to get off the computer & do something constructive with my time... not to waste my life (or something along those lines)... Yes, Mum- I'll get to that in a minute. First I have something more important to share.

Let me just tell tell you now that Canberra= less people, but more (and bigger) insects- including flying spiders (YIPES!!)- BUT it's also too planned. This is where the fake lakes come in. See- Canberra's like the center for all embasies & where the PM & hid parliament people hang out & that... so the whole city is planned, with a capital P! The lakes were artiicially made (some with a teeny little island in the middle (nicely decorated with trees & flowers & maybe even some fake birds... who knows). There are sooooo many round-abouts that Mum complained of getting dizzy instead of lost in the city.
Well- it was a nice place- and to demonstrate, here's the view from Ash's (new & temporary) room:




And here's a glimpse of her room... and the rest of the house she's living in (which is not actually her house, but she's just living with a mate of my Mum's):

that's her table & chari...oh-wait- that's not her chair- that's the borrowed one (anyway... not important)

One of the doors that lead to the backyard... nice isn't it??


The dining room... dont ask about the mess on the top of it- it wasn't me- I swear!!

The frontyard looks like a dream, especially after it's been sprikler-ed... all shimmery & sparkly...

On more important news- news that concerns Flynn's extended family, esp those in UK... hint, hint BSE- I need help & suggestions:

Monkey Uncle & Aunty (from the U.S.) has sent us (finally) all hte footage from the "Reunion" (as I refer to it) in BD. So, I've decided to get started straght away on the editing & hopefully I'll be able to finish it off before Uni starts (5th March, if I recall correctly)- or at least by the end of the first week of Uni.

Anyway- I need HEAPS of suggestion for songs (think reunion/family themes... and maybe just sings that sound nice in general). ALso, if anyone (*ahem* Ash, Snowy, BSE) has any little moments that they think MUST be included in the edited "Trip to BD/ Reunion-Thing", then speak now or forever hold your peace.

:D

PS- EMu, if u get a chance to call before nxt Tuesday, pls do... hopefully I'll be at home. & Ishi- you were supposed to call by now... what happenind?? And what's happening with our plans to get Uni official thing done & out of the way??

This is one happy Flynn, signing out :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL- I just read the most hilarious typo- in my own blog...
Instead of "guessing", I typed "fuessig".
LOL!!

Aaisha said...

I was wondering what that meant. I thought it cud be "fussing" at first but that made no sense!

Next time u go, take fotos of flying spiders, at least emu will be happy with those fotos. I just wanna hear abt ur feeble attempts ;-) and the outcomes (hopefully not 2 severe, lol)

Jibonjatri said...

canberra looks really pretty! Lucky ASh

Anonymous said...

nice pics :)!
Anyway was extremely busy for the past 2 weeks as u well know...I'll give all the suggestions you need when I get back to Syd this weekend.