Friday, February 24, 2006

Is it all in the Name??!?

OY MY JOLLY JAMS!! You lot will NOT believe what I'm about to tell you.
Was just checking my hotmail, when I find this email from someone named Nadia or Nadine or Natalie... or something (and scarily enough, it's not in my junk), and the horrible message goes something like this:

Hi ******* (insert my name), I was looking for someone like you. I think you're a really hot guy!

LOL!! ROFL!! AAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
**wiping tears from eyes**

I swear- this is the EXACT wording of the email.
I don't get it... what about me says that I'm a guy?? It can't possibly be the name, Flynn.... can it?!

Soooooo hilarious!!


Anyway- onto the news of the week. Been very busy. Monday- went to Usyd with Ishi & Rabz, got our IDs & enrolment stuff sorted. Speaking of IDs- does anyone else have absolutely horrid ID photos?? In my Uni ID card, my face looks as though it's been well pumped with helium- it's swelled to enormous proportions!! :S And in my USydUnion card, I look like a Death Eater, fresh out of Death Camp... deadly (I'm ready to kill) looks & all included. YUUUUUCK!!

Moving onto Tuesday: Spent most of the day at Ishi's (with Emu). The train ride there was uneventful, but the train ride back: OMG!! Can you say FREAKY?! I get the shudders every time I think about Tuesday arvo on the train from Livo to Flynnsville (where I live).

I came across the oldest tricks in the FOB book on how to pick up a chick with a PR or Citizenship. Lord help me- he (didn't get his name, but let's call him jerk/leech/moron/freak/ etc) took out a photo of his "wife". BUT:
1) it was a black & white printout on an A4 sheet of paper... (I wasn't supposed to fall for it, was I??)
2) the photo was soooooo obviously from a random website (the little copyright sign was on it...lol!)- like DUH! How thick can you get?? (Unless of course, he married a BD saree model?).
3) He was SO obviously trying to weasel as much info out of me, as he could (mostly, I turned up my MP3 player, then asked him to repeat & gave a reply along the lines of "I don't know"). Lol- at one point, he asked (in Bangla) where I live & my reply: "I really don't know". And all he did was nod & say "Accha, accha"... I was sooo tempted to laugh in his face & then get up & go, but I was stuck in my seat because a funky smelling old man had fallen asleep beside me.

The most unbelievable thing was, at one point, he even tried to cajole my Dad's name out of me. Apparently, he & my Dad had "run into each other a few times" [errrrrr- no!], and according to him, he'd seen me in somewheresville before [eeerrrrrrrrr- double NO!!]. Moreover, he claimed that we'd meet again, undoubtedly & that he'd inform my Dad that we'd met.
The scariest thing was that this man is like a hundred & one years old!! He could almost be my Grandad!! (slight exaggeration there).

Seriously, what was WRONG with him?? I was TOTALLY ignoring him (my MP3 was on so loud, I bet he could hear it) and every time he asked a question & looked at me for an answer, I was like: "Sorry? what was the question??" & then ... "Oh, I have no idea."

Maybe I should've left my seat, but hey! I GOT THERE FIRST!! I was sooooo ticked off at the MORON of the century that I alternated between raising one eyebrow at him, glaring & turning my whole body around to look out the window. But I was NOT vacating my seat because of some insolent leech who refused to take the million & one hints that I was giving him to bloody get lost!!!
Maybe I should have said: "Can you like, not talk to me?!" or something more along the lines of "I'm like, totally going to spew if you don't shut your filthy mouth!!"
Seriously- I came this close to saying something along those lines, when Emu FINALLY got the SMS I sent her & gave me a call. UGH! The whole scenario was such a disaster!! I didn't even have enough credit on my phone to prank Emu!!
But I have now learnt my lesson- if ever I come across one of their species, EVER again- I'm going to turn into nasty Flynn & tell them to shove off or I'd spew in their face!

Ahem... sorry about that, folks. I was all riled up from just thinking about it.

Wenesday: went to UNSW with a traitor of a friend who transfered there from USyd. Went around with her pretending to be a UNSW student...got all the free chocolate & iced green tea (YUM) & fairy floss & loads of other stuff.

Thursday: was sooooooo exhausted that I did little work & too much of nothing-but-sitting-around.

Finally, today: Shall be heading to Central to pick Ash up from her bus stop. But before that I MUST remember to get the newspaper thing that Nira Apu asked me to get.

& now: it's a hot day- no sign of the winter to come...

12 comments:

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

I'll bet at least once in our life, every unmarried girl's will have come across PR hunters, trust me! If you haven't watch out! It'll be ur turn soon. And flynn, look on the bright side, you've already had ur ordeal :P

Jibonjatri said...

what is PR?

Anonymous said...

Wow! Didn't realise (while I was typing) how long this would turn out to be.

Can't believe u read it, Nira Apu (assuming you did).

Oh & teabiscuit, PR is Permanent Residence...right? Someone confirm that for me... I think that's what it is.

Jibonjatri said...

oh I see! It's like how people (guys( drool over the graan card! PR sounded like Puerto Rico, so i had to ask! lol

Jibonjatri said...

it was supposed to be *green* not graan God did I not have eyes then?

Emu said...

first time i heard PR i thought it was public relations, and believe u me, that confuzzled me mightily

Jibonjatri said...

yeah it sounds like so many thngs.. People's Resbulic... Public Relations... anything but "Permanent Residence" lol

Jibonjatri said...

yeah it sounds like so many thngs.. People's Resbulic... Public Relations... anything but "Permanent Residence" lol

Jibonjatri said...

People Republic*** God, I have totally forgotten how to type

Anonymous said...

flynn, how did the PR hunter even realise u r a bangali? u dont look like one! he must have been desperate... real desperate!

Aaisha said...

hot guy! hahahahahahahahahaha, flynn??? hahahahahahaha, u have no idea how absolutely hillarious that is! toke eishob email ke pathai??? Email them back saying something like, "thanx, i do try my best ;-) [smug smile]" hahahahahaha!

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

Yep, PR is definitely Permanent Resident in flynn's story, I should know, I'm currently dealing with TR application which comes before PR!