Sunday, November 27, 2005

Doom & Gloom & the Neurologist

Seems to me that my last post sounded a bit doom & gloom. Well, to explain:
I was completely bored off my rockers, thought about calling up random friends and asking what they were up to, and whether they'd like to go... anywhere, actually. As in- OUT. Not at home. Infact, out of my suburb would have been best. I called up Lily, we went places... not too far away, unfortunately- my dad had a tracker, of sorts, attatched to me (called parental instincts). Blast it!

Now, here is a theory that I've formed about myself: I must have yet another Flynnic disease/condition. I can't seem to stay at home for over 24hrs at a time. I get all claustrophobic, kind of funny in the head(ok- funnier in the head)... I drift off into some lala land (I've even been caught staring out my window for hours on end... not blinking... completely lost and absorbed in some world or another). It's a Flynn thing... no explanations for it. Anyone else have that...problem? (Although it's not really a problem for me).

Apparently my doctor was soo, so terribly concerned about the well-being of my brain that she's recommended a visit to a neurologist. So that's my destination come Tuesday.
Let me tell you how it all came about (the fact that my doctor imagines something is so terribly wrong with my brain :S) ...

Mum, before heading off to BD, thought she'd do right by her daughter and ensure that all's well & good with my health before flying off.
There I was, at the doctors... not comfortable at all...insisting that nothing was the matter with me. And since nothing is wrong with me, the doctor- logically- sucks blodd out of me in order to do a blood test. Got the results back, only to be proven correct- there's nothing wrong with my blood. And again- logically- if there's nothing wrong with my blood, then it must be that something is wrong with my brain or my CNS, which is more or less the same thing.
(*You lot had better note the heavy sarcasm*)

So yes, I'm looking forward to discovering the enigma that is Flynn's brain. I wonder if I'll get to keep an image of my brain? That would be waaay awesome! I'd hang it up on my wall- and scare all the annoying brats who dare walk into my den.
:D

One last thing: Check Snowy's blog... you lot MUST!! She's updated- wrote pathetically little, but it's an update- so check & leave comments :D She's having a ball (can't believe it).

11 comments:

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

what happened to writing that FAMILY HISTORY...GOS GIRL CAN"T YOU FIND ANYTHING TO BUSY YOURSELF WITH...the magazine needs to come out asap.

Anonymous said...

k... mag = 1st priority.
and a major part of family is missing.

Anonymous said...

the mag is seperate frm family history.
And what are you doing on blogger, Daggy??

Em said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
flynn.t said...

Unfortunately, Flynn, who detests medication (especially pills) may have to be stuck on those for... well- the rest of my life.

That bites. And what's worse- the neuro doc. didn't even give me an image of my brain... talk about double disappointment!!

Oh, and did I mention that he actually recorded the entire session on one of those mini recorder things... how weird is that?? Has that happened to anybody ever before?
Actually, I guess I should be asking: has anyone ever been to a neurologist before??
Please say yes, so I don't feel like a psychotic freak...lol
:P
Just kidding... but seriously though, (excluding Emu) has anyone ever really been to a neuro doc.??

Em said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emu said...

oi! i resent that, flynn! (as much as i'd like to have that experience)

Anonymous said...

Hehehehe... thought you might resent that Emu. And I know that you've never been to a neurologist... the one thing that surprises me is that I am the one who went to a head odctor before you :P

And Em: taking pills really is all that bad... I think I've forgotten to take it the last couple of nights... oops.
:S
But you've been to a neurologist?!?
Damn... and here I was thinking I'm the only (psychotically) special one.

Anonymous said...

Read "doctor" not "odctor".

PS- Nira Apu, errrmmm... I sort of have this small confession to make...
The mag hasn't exactly been my 1st priority.
:S

Em said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
flynn.t said...

Talk about a completely new angle on life! I have NEVER thought of pills as "bounty" from Allah.

As for the forgetting... every single night I have this annoying, beeping mobile phone going off... reminding me to take my pills... and yet I FORGOT.
I have no clue what to do... I've tried everything. Post-its, strings, mobile, family, friends, blogger...
Anything else??

PS- Yes sir, Mr. Em... I shan't forget (errrmm- I hope).