Sunday, November 06, 2005

Things

Random things I’d tell you all if I saw you all more often:

Around midnight (note the time, it’s significant), Ash was sifting through her lecture notes, and I was peering over her shoulder for no particular reason. I read in one of them something about the “Blood Brain Barrier”. Now, I know what this is because I studied it in Neuropsych. So I got all excited, and said: “Oh, oh, oh! I know what it is! The Blood Brain Barrier- it’s… in the brain…”
Thus followed a 2 second silence before Nemo collapsed on her bed in an uncontrollable fit of laughter, followed by Snowman & Ash. This was the second “Cher/Clueless-space-cadet” thing I’d said in one night (the other being that 7X4=14). BUT, they hadn’t let me finish my sentence! I was going to continue and say “… it prevents certain drugs/ hormones from affecting parts of the brain, but it doesn’t stop anti-histamines from making you drowsy…” So I’m not stupid… really, I’m NOT!! :P

Speaking of stupid… did anyone know that Aus has it’s own MENSA soc.? I had no idea… just found out when I read about it in the Sun Herald. Oh, and speaking of the Sun Herald… Ishi, who delivers your SMH (Sydney Morning Herald)??
See, every Saturday & Sunday, the poor Newsagent man (whom I used to buy from- gum & lollies & junk in general- back in my school days) delivers it to my place at friggin 5:30 AM!! Is he NUTS?? I don’t read the paper that early! I wouldn’t mind if he delivered it at 5:30 PM… for goodness sake… 5:30 AM is the when I’m going back to sleep, having prayed Fajr. Poor guy, I feel so bad now (for subscribing to SMH for the next, whole, entire year!) So now, every Weekend, at 5:30-ish, as soon as I hear a thud coming from my veranda, I’ll have to try to run outside if I want to thank him.

This is getting too long & none of you will have read up to here, but other events in the life of Flynn:

Aunty & Uncle S. have gone for a temporary visit out of state (with Fuzzy & Squishy), leaving Lombu & Big Man in (our) care.

Tuesday- Psyc; Wednesday- Math; Thursday- Chem.; & FINALLY! Friday- Stat.

Guests were still coming in their flocks on Saturday! The final lot (hopefully) left around 11PM Saturday night. Me poor Mum’s deader than Elvis Presley & I think I’ve grown an aversive, conditioned response to the kitchen & phone (but not my mobile- that I can’t live without!).

Ash is hyped (I suppose Snowy is as well, but she doesn’t show it), as she expects multiple wedding parties to be held during her stay in BD. I refuse to give exact numbers, but suffice to say that she’s going to need a LOT more clothes & gifts (for the newly-weds) if she wants to attend ALL those parties. Strange, but even so, I have no wish- none at all- to go to BD. Hmm…

Lastly: things are happening… ermm- specific things… I’m just wondering how to word them.

5 comments:

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

specific things gulo ki?

Aaisha said...

U no wats weird? I subscribed for SMH for 2006 and we've already started getting weekend deliveries! Abbu's been bugging me since then 2 call em up and ask what year they have me registered for.

In our area i dont think its an old man. The people that do it is really dodgy. They mite as well leave the papers lying in the middle of the road. Talk abt bad aim! Plus, living in front of the station, there is a high possibility that ppl will steal it b4 we get 2 it.

I dont no it the same old man will deliver ur SMH. It's worth looking into tho. But still, u shud get it anyway. He gets paid 4 what he's doing. And ur paying 4 ur newspaper. But of course u shud be thankful and show him that u r grateful. But dont let the fact the he delivers it stop u from getting it.

Ahem, what can i say, flynn to dine dine aro blonde hoye jache! Just try and retain ur normal hair colour during ur exams ;)

Anonymous said...

flynn!!! go hit the books!!!

Anonymous said...

hehe.

Anonymous said...

flynn y is snowman on hibernation??? im a loner now! :'(