Tuesday, March 07, 2006

And you question me for being a cynic??

I feel I've earned the right to complain, so here goes...

Firstly: Where on earth is Autumn hiding??!! Blimey!! It was almost 40 degrees yesterday... and what's the weather gonna be like for winter? 30- 35 degrees, average?? We should all just get fried and be done with it!!

Moving right along...
Just this morning I was woken up by a friend in panic. Sort of like the hyperventilating-I-was-nearly-run-over-by-a-truck-doing-200kph kind of panic. And she had news of the worst kind.

A friend of mine (or more along the lines of "a friend of a friend") had a miscarriage not 2 weeks ago (can't and won't say names). BUT- only a week afterwards, she goes straight back to work. And she says she's remorseful, but when I saw her and had a chat to her & her husband, it seemed that the poor guy was more devastated than her... in fact, she seemed very ... errrmmm- ugh! I know this is going to sound evil, but she seemed happy to loose the kid.
Blrgh... I'm disgusted, but I'm sooooo serious. I mean, god woman!! Your job be damned!! And THEN......................... don't say it, don't say it, don't say it.............................
ARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

She got me so mad and frustrated and shocked that I stood there, in front of her... in utter silence, with one of my famous "lost looks", the look that Sara B. calls my "I-don't-understand-what-you're-saying-but-that's-not-my-fault" look. Suffice to say, I feel so bad for her husband... the things that girl gets up to... I'm amazed she's married at all!! I don't dare say any more... and hopefully I'm going to put this WAAAAY out of my mind in... hmm- I'll give it 3 days.

So that was that done a couple of weeks ago (or so I thought). Turns out (and this is what said friend in Panic called to tell me) that the Superficial-Space-Cadet friend of mine has just gone right back into her old routine... and she's pulling the younger, more impressionable girls down with her.

AAARRRRGGHHH!!!
If only you lot couldve seen me... bleary-eyed , yet fully awake, punching holes into my perfectly good notebook, about to pull out my hair and just plain very angry in general. There we were, Friend in Panic & Flynn... but said friend wasn't done with the divulging of her shocking secrets... she had more.
Yet another "friend" of mine has been up to her old tricks again... only this time, it's worse, MUCH, MUCH worse.

I TOLD Freind in Panic that I didn't want to know... in fact, it's only when I insisted that I REALLY don't want to know, that she told me everything.

Dear god, I want to retain what little sanity I have left in me!!

Why is it that whenever I tell people "I DON'T want to know!", only then do they think to tell me of all the terrible things that happen to people & all the mindless things that "friends" of mine get up to??!!??

That's it- I've given up... I officially wash my hands off this bussiness of stressing for people who can't see passed their noses!! And I'm announcing, officially of course, that I'm no longer expending emotional energy for people who can't think beyond two seconds from now. In short- I'm through with being a "friend", but shall be, from now on, a mere associate... and don't try to convince me otherwise!!

I can't help these people anymore... I just can't! I've tried... I really have.

Ok- that's all... I am no fit to sleep again.

5 comments:

Emu said...

Queschen: What on earth is emotional energy and how is it measured?

Solution to your "I don't wanna know" problem: don't say "I don't wanna know", say "oooh, tell me, tell me, tell me!" That way, they'll get scared that their little secret may no longer be one, and hopefully keep from telling you anything.


... waaaaahahaha!!! my Hugooohohoho ...

Anonymous said...

*sniff sniff*
poor Emu. And an even more poor Hugo.

Actually- I miss Hugo too, even though I spet all of 2 mins with him.

:(

Anonymous said...

**spent

And emotional energy is something I made up... y'know- kinda like when you get too angry you get a headache... or at least, I get a headache.

Aaisha said...

Flynn, a piece of advice: If ur seriously thinking abt majoring in psychology u shud get used 2 emotional energy. Ekhon to emotional energy is here and there, later it will be everywhere!

You did a good job in making it unclear the full details of what this 'frend of a frend' of urs did. I got the basic gist but i'm kinda glad u left the rest out coz firstly i dont wanna put u through the shock of repeating it (3 days rest is long enuff, i dont wanna be responsible 4 increasing it). Secondly, if u didnt share it, its probably coz its personal info so good on ya. Sorry if I've ever done the whole blurting out things u didnt wanna know (which i probable have, lol). Next time mone koraiye dio. I shud save u the trauma.

Emu said...

i have absolutely no idea why "poor emu" but i can understand "poor hugo", ... although, i can't see people saying "poor bird" to every other backyard bird that cheeky kills. although u'r an exception cos u had budgies. guess what? ammu's still mad at her for eating hugo.