Friday, March 24, 2006

WARNING: Looooong post below!

Doom & gloom SO does not suit my blog…so I’ve decided to bring you lot up to scratch on my totally gloom-free existence.
:D

Seriously- I’ve had a VERY good day… it wasn’t anything totally out of the ordinary, but something just so ordinary that I’ve become one very happy Flynn!! (Or that may be a consequence of all the “V” I’ve consume…what with all that caffeine & sugar…)

So- it all began after I finished my Stats tute. Since my tute room is 2 doors down from the Musallah, guess where I end up before & after my tute? Yep- where all the fun begins…

Shay (the Original, the Little One) was there, with Cosmos, & Ishi (of the Brains) came in a few secs later. SO I sat & got some work done (I’m sort of happy with my focus…well-at least for today- just pray it lasts). Hmm… maybe I should mention that I missed my lect. (but it’s ok- I copied Little Shay’s notes, so I’ve caught up & it doesn’t count as slacking off).

Just as a little aside- met this cool as Japanese chick (forgotten her name, *blushes*) & she’s totally cool because she’s so interested in Islam. The Little One, Shay is doing an excellent job of filling her in on the basics, Alh. Did I ever mention how much fun Shay is?? She’s such a bag full of bubbly/ fun/ exciting/ original energy…LOVE that girl- she can cheer up a Scrooge in his/her direst moment- no joke! Just adorable… everyone should have a friend like her- I highly recommend it.

Anyway- now, moving onto the next exchange/international student I’ve introduced myself to: Syriana Clooney. Another “awesome” chick (picture Flynn saying “awesome” with a VERY American accent). Syriana Clooney is studying for a Semester at Usyd (so awesome!!- something she’d say) & was only recently introduced to THE GIRLS in the Musallah. Carefree, fun-loving, & a very cool girl in general.

To give her a true Aussie-SUMSA welcome, we decided to shout her lunch (actually- it was Tiara & RiffRaff who planned it)… I just followed along- tell you why in a bit. Huge plan-time/ decision-making about where to take her (with one thing in mind- somewhere with a fairly large Muslim community): Auburn?? Too far for some. Bankstown?? Nothing much to do/look at, except shopping- and she’s already done loads of that. So, we decided on the one and only place to be if you’re looking for a large Muslim community: Flynnland. See? That’s why I decided to tag along! (Flynnland isn’t the actual name of the suburb, but in the interest of maintaining anonymity & security, I’ve dubbed it Flynnland, because- wonder of wonders- Flynn lives there!)

Oh, the RiffRaff DRAMA that followed the eight of us (Sunny, Cosmos, Dreema, Tiara, Shay, Ishi, Syriana & Flynn) all the way from Redfern to Flynnland!! Homestly! RiffRaff can be SO ambiguous sometimes. But I’ve sort of learned to expect this from her… it’s very unusual not to have a RiffRaff moment when going out with her. Unfortunately, Ishi was in for a bit of a surprise… she likes to be well organised, and for everything to be well-timed; whereas RiffRaff sort of goes where the current takes her.
And the actual ordering of lunch was another fiasco! Some wanted Indo, some Chinese, some Curry & some Lebo food… so what was a girl like Flynn to do? Well, in the worst-case scenario, I’d have gone home (a ten min. walk away) & had home-cooked lunch, which I REALLY didn’t want because I knew it’d be something curry-like :S blrgh!

Fiasco eventually played out to a smooth finish: Ishi & Cosmos got Indo, then followed the rest of us to Le Rouche for a YUMMY AAASSSS meal of Lebanese food. $8 & I felt like someone had stretched my stomach to explosion point: was VERY satisfying after 2 hrs. of starvation.
Too soon, Ishi had to make a dash for home (as it takes her over 1 hr to get to her place from Flynnland). We weren’t even half-way through our meal, but after we finished, Cosmos had to leave. And after we lost 2 of our crew, we decided to wander around Flynnland…


To be continued...else the post shall have no end!

3 comments:

flynn.t said...

PPPSS- Snowman, if you ever come back, read your tagboard... I've made up a song about you... it's BE-YOU-tiful, if I do say to myself!!
:D

Sorry- folks, I've gone and lost a few screws sometime this week.

Anonymous said...

lol, thou enjoyeth thy time well! jolly good;). n lebanese food-yum totally. went to a palistinian place yesterday after a talk and pigged out on shawarma. twas Great. cept one of me mateys failed to comprehend the enthusiasm for it. lol.

o n did i mention that was at midnight? yep it was-need to reassess my bedtime methinks!

xx

flynn.t said...

Mmmmmm shawarma...but at midnight?? Maybe you should rethink you dinner time? Or was that a midnight snack??