Saturday, March 11, 2006

What?? Is this Uni????

Too cool mate!!
Errmm- the "too cool" thing would be the training (or Shaping, if you wanna get technical) of rats/mice/rodents. Sounds a bit icky, but I'm also kind of excited- & no, I'm not lame, just excited. We're learning about Instrumental Conditioning (read: teaching rats to "learn new tricks", in a manner of speaking) & well, along with the theory & examples of all the brilliant psychologists (Skinner, Pavlov, etc) we get to actually test out these theories ourselves... well- that's the shortened long version, but here's the shortened short version: I need names for my rats (preferebly unisex... cant be sure if they're going to be fe/male & probably wont be told).

Other things:
HELP ME (with Stats)!! The lecturer was explaining that the little (superscripted) 2 next to the "x" means that its "x-squared", which means that its "x" multiplied by itself.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Jumping Jellybeans!! Am I a second year?? Wait- am I a Uni stdent at all????

After the lecture, (which, by the way, is at 4PM... & Flynn becomes RUST-ay) Shay2, Fruity, HorseRoofs & I spent 15/20 mins breaking into hysterical giggles & random spurts of laughter. We could NOT believe the lecture we'd just suffered through. I'm actually looking forward to Stats becoming somewhat more intellectually stimulating.

Brain & Behaviour is better *relieved sigh*... I actually write notes (a totally new thing for me).

Sadly- I only just figured out that nothing will feel like first year, ever again. I remember back in the days of my 3 hr. Chem Lab sessions with Sandals, HorseRoofs, Rabzzz, Fairy-al, The Original Shay & Skaterboy + Inconspicuous Partner... tedious, but a lot of good memories.
I hardly see those girls any more. I have yet to bump into Rabzzz, our timetables are sooo different & Skaterboy + Inconspicuous Partner have disappeared altogether.
Ideally- I'd like to go back to yr-4/5 in Primary School... the carefree days of not knowing much of anything, yet thinking that I know enough of everything.

Should sleep, mateys.
But before I do, WHERE THE HECK IS EVERYBODY??!!?? You've all gone and ditched me!

4 comments:

Emu said...

aha, flynn taking notes. i knew it would happen...eventually.

heh, names for mice ... how about tahseen? if u get a male, name him Hugo in memory of my Hugo.

"WHERE THE HECK IS EVERYBODY??!!?? You've all gone and ditched me!" - my thoughts exactly. what happened to everyone??? ... i can understand the case of YOW, doe and dagz, but where's HP, snowy and anonymous? u'know what flynn? u should get SaraB (the traitor) to come, visit and leave a trail every now and then.

Anonymous said...

aa chuck

ello, howdedoo? yes sorry for the absence of late (expect mroe of it-got exams:P). but ye have been attempting to make conscious efforts at embracing geekdom-it aint been working.

the blissful days of primary school...the thought of it brings on tears. aah wat uptopia! picked up a random 'pearl of wisdom' the other day so might as well share: "college prepares you for the real world. which also sucks."

lol.

xx

Jibonjatri said...

watch out for that deceptively "easy" stat teacher. In my expeience, teachers that teach assuming that you don't know anything (BTW it's a good teaching style.) tend to be difficult in a very subtle way.He/she will move up the difficulty scale using all the elementary words and you won't even know he is going through some complex concept. Since we don't pay much attention anyway, we wouldn't know about it until the night before the exam where we realize that we DON'T understand and the seemingly friendly/easy teacher had indeed introduced something malicious. lol

Anonymous said...

btw, been reading ur other blogs: a woman happy with a miscarriage?!

what the?!!