Saturday, March 18, 2006

Eeerrrr- right you are, folks…

Feeling down-in-the-dumps…sort of. So, NTC sent Flynn a little pick-me-up… of sorts:


I pray for Light

NTC: 18/03/06
(It's Copyrighted people... no stealing of NTC's intellectual merchendise!!)

I seek the Mercy of the One, who never forgets,
I seek Truth, Knowledge and Understanding from One who always delivers,
I ask for Insight and Patience from One who gives beyond measure,
I ask for the Protection and Contentment that only such a One can give.

I am weak, often led astray, misguided, and heedless.
I forget, I err, let go of hope too often and too soon.
I sometimes lose faith, reason, morality and my conscience.
This is who I am, and yet I am more…

I am also loved, sheltered, rewarded and blessed.
I am watched-over, cared-for and listened-to.
Night and day, I am reminded, urged & encouraged
That I am here for the One and Only,
And such a One is here for me.

I pray for Light from One whose guidance is steady and true.



***

Have just experienced Freak Storm of such tumultuous & epic proportions that I feel scarred for life, at least as far as my psyche and ability to think clearly for the next ten years are concerned. (Hence, the weird string of words put together by an unknown, NTC- not to worry, I have NTC’s FULL permission, so no copyright violations, folks).

As I was saying… ain’t nothin’ like venting, they say… well- sure. There’s really nothing like venting, if it’s directed at nobody in particular, but when Freak Storm vents & when Freak Storm vents AT someone in the vicinity… we-hell…

Could’ve sworn me eardrums had a bloody roller coaster ride; could’ve sworn that 2 more seconds, and my brains would’ve been addled for life; could’ve sworn that my heart would either stop dead in its tracks or beat at super sonic speeds, then explode for all to witness… yep- all in all- I was scared. Deathly scared. Scared I would never be able to withstand another vent-session from another Freak Storm moment.

Somehow, o lost and confused readers, I survived. Whew… but once a storm blows across your land, be weary and alert because another will surely follow… in a decade or 2 (one hopes).


And in other Flynnland news: life of the Uni student BITES!! Just 2 weeks, and the pressure is on, mates… the pressure is ON!!

Also, Dan Brown & “his” DaVinci Code is too good to be true, someone else beat him to it… and to top it all off- it was his wife (Blythe something-or-other) who did all his research for him!! Men- can’t trust ‘em with much, can ya? Actually, not that whats-‘er-name (his wife) did a good job at plagiarising… has she not heard of the age-old, primary school technique called “cover your tracks”?! (You could replace that last word with something more crude, but I won’t).
PS- If you've got no idea what I'm on about, then you should really keep up with the times, and to help, here's what I'm talking about:

The key to "The Da Vinci Code"? Dan Brown's wife

They might, however, just get away with it- since they did manage to rake in billions in profit…I doubt they’re givin’ it all away to a couple of blokes who didn’t have enough brain cells left to publicise THEIR work well enough. Ah well, unless the billions are comin’ my way, I see no reason to care enough & actually feel any sort of sympathy for either party.


Speaking of sympathy and brain cells… let’s move on to the Games in Melbourne. Ok **deep breath**- Who can explain the duck to me (the duck at the Opening Ceremony, that is)?? Hmmm?? Any takers?? I mean- Delta Goodrem, koalas, unreal costumes, weird, wonderful and inexplicable doohickie-thingamabobs and even the flying tram, I get… but the duck. For the love of Melbourne… A DUCK??!! Now, everybody who watched Melbourne in all its glory is going to think that, along with the Emu (no, not OUR Emu), Koala, Kangaroo & other iconic creatures, the duck is- somehow- a very significant bird to all Aussies. Eeerrrr- right you are, folks…




Note to Self:
I really, really, REALLY hope there’s no more going down in this bottomless pit. That’s it- I’m closing my eyes and ears now!!

12 comments:

flynn.t said...

'ello Comment-leavers-from-the-previous-post.
Not ignoring you, I wasn't... surely I wasn't. But have things to say to all of ye:

HP- The pain of note-taking... must be a 2nd-yr thing. And why is it that I'm FORBIDDEN from your blog?? I knew it- I knew you'd start revelaing the craziness that is Flynn soon enough... and on the net, no less!! That's why you're not letting me into your oh-so-secret blog!! Hmph...

Dazey- Please don't ask about woman happy with unseemly and disturbing things... my quota of 3 days thought for THAT can of worms has been used and abused... so no more dwelling on women, and more dwelling on those blissful primary school days.

Emu- Shall name my (and my group's) labRat Hugo, even if it turns out to be female (given that the rest of the group agrees, of course.)

Mariamazmi said...

Blythe Brown is a schmuck for letting him pinch her work, then.

Emu said...

*no comment*

Emu said...

what's up? i'm the one who's 1 obvious step closure to kicking the bucket and u guys r the depressed ones??!!! may b i shud go and take a sip from the pessimist's mug

Anonymous said...

Alrite peoplezzzz *making an important point* (not that Blythe isn't a schmuck, BSE), BUT let's get to the important things in life...

T he duck, THE DUCK!!

Explain the DUCK, please.
It's like a cantankerous disease eating away at my sanity!
WHY A DUCK FOR THE OPENING CEREMONY??!!
Other than that, nothing's wrong, Emu... no- really.
:S

Anonymous said...

whoopsie, that was me, btw- as in Flynn, the one and only...

Emu said...

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

my confusion could not be described any better. was flynn's last comment meant to explain something to me?

Jibonjatri said...

Okay! I had not commented before. I read again and I still don't know. I am totally confused about this post and the comments too!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!
Read the blog title... "Contemplating in Confusion"... I think that pretty much explains everything.

Don't worry, hopefully my next blog will be a bit less confusing (not that I'm promising anything, mind you).

Jibonjatri said...

let me do that to you!
Cheer up charlie! <3

Anonymous said...

Gotta blog soon about stuff people... SO much to tell all!!

PS Emu- I forgot to mention in your blog that I LOVE that pic of Hugo. Poor, poor bird... but I still like your cat.

Emu said...

thaaaank u flynn. at least one person understands. she's just a cat. it's in her nature.

(i better not push it)

awaiting next post.